[web] list of search engine filtering words

Started by
3 comments, last by dannielum 14 years, 8 months ago
Anyone know where I can find a list of all the filtering words a regular search engine would use? I need to create a searching system for the website with the database. For example, words like I, a, is, are, am, you, etc. will be filtered out. I cannot seem to find any list or database for these list of filtering words on the web. Thanks.
www.dannylum.com/games_projects.html - My Game Projectswww.dannylum.com/D2DProject - My Open Source 2D Map Editor
Advertisement
Such words are called "stop words". This Wikipedia article has links to several lists of stop words.

<hr />
Sander Marechal<small>[Lone Wolves][Hearts for GNOME][E-mail][Forum FAQ]</small>

that's exactly what I need. Thank you so much! :)
www.dannylum.com/games_projects.html - My Game Projectswww.dannylum.com/D2DProject - My Open Source 2D Map Editor
You can't just filter out every stop word. You'll have to check that the results for your filtered search string are relevant to your unfiltered search string. For example, if you Google for 'The Sun', your first result should be thesun.co.uk, not sun.com. Or: Google filters out 'the' and 'who', but if you Google for 'The Who', the search string isn't filtered.
actually I need to built a search system by allowing users to create the keywords tags. What I really need to filter out are the keywords define by users. These keywords are then used for searching user created contents. Thanks for your kind advices.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement