Sign in to follow this  

Window handling

This topic is 3039 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

So, my 2d engine has been using FLTK 2.0 for its window handling... and i need a change, bad. so, i would like to hear your experience with different window handling libraries ( such as Qt and wxWidgets ) so that i can make a better choice then last time. the main problem ive had with FLTK is the amount of things that dont work or things that dont work as intended. and simply because i can sense some code smell around it anyway, please share your experiences. it would make my decision makings much easier :) thanks

I haven't used Qt so I can't comment on it.

I used wxWidgets but I personally didn't like it (I had to re-learn a lot of stuff since I already had Win32 knowledge). I used SDL for a while but it didn't give me enough control. Now I exclusively use Win32 for all my applications.

If you are developing for non Windows then I don't know. I only do windows programming.

I made some good experiences with QT ( with c++ and with the python-bindings, too ). It is easy to use and "well" documented util you reach a point of no return in your development :-). And then you can read the sources which is a big advantage.
wxWidget should work, too. But I am not a big fan of the c-style in their code.

With best regards,
Kimmi

This topic is 3039 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.