• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OdieGiblet

BGRA colors to RGBA

This topic is 6160 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I''m having problems writing directly to a surface. running in 32bit windowed mode. I lock the backbuffer, and draw to the surface using ddsd.lpSurface and the colors turn out wrong. using RGBA values to plot pixels. I can switch the Red and Blue colors in the pixels that I''m plotting to the surface and it''ll be the correct colors. I know the colors are correct originally because my program also has a OpenGL driver on it and they turn out fine, plus I''m loading all these color values from a PCX file which I know is correct. What''s going on? Am I stuck with BGRA colors? thanks. geForce2 MX, 12.41 detonator, DX8.0, using DirectDraw7, windows 2000 ~Odie.

Advertisement
I use Direct3DTexture8 and there are format like D3DFMT_A8R8G8B8 but not D3DFMT_R8G8B8A8. I never used DD, but try for ARGB.

Net Racing Demo:
http://www.geocities.com/stefankjb/download.html

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!