Sign in to follow this  
artofmagick

Copyright?

Hi folks, I am currently in the middle of building a game site however I want to add images for the games within the website structure, in effect the image of the game photo in JPG. So it might have a photo of Halo 3 xbox title, same front image as seen on an xbox game if bought. Iv noticed on alot of game sites that the game image look exactly the same only different sizes in relation to the size of image, would I be right in thinking that I can use images from other gaming sites, the game image as long as I alter the size image to avoid copyright. I cannot work out how images related to games on websites are copyrighted, how do I obtain all the images needed to display the image of the game for users, surely everyone takes images from each other and slight modify them. Any help would be brilliant.

Resizing an image doesn't change the copyright status.

Other sites probably get them two ways, either as press materials from the publisher or they make them. If you are going to us an image from a site just send an email and ask if you can use the images you're interested in.

If you want to make your own images from consoles games, you can buy a video capture card for your computer and rent the games you want images or video from.