cmd.exe japanese

Started by
2 comments, last by gasto 14 years, 8 months ago
Hi folks, I've been trying to make japanese fonts visible in cmd.exe on Windows XP SP3, but to no avail. I followed the advices expressed here but had no luck finding an adecuate monospace FF_modern japanese font. http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.win32.programmer.international/browse_thread/thread/a902ffaffef5949a So if any of you have solved this before, or have searched and found any answer, please let me know, because I've searched like mad but found nothing over Lycos.com Google.com , Microsoft Technet, etc.
Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600, 2.4 GHz. 3GB RAM. ATI Radeon HD 3400.
Advertisement
Here are a few links that might help, but they might not.

Fonts that are 'fixed-width' even if they do not claim to be

chcp can't do everything

font-link patch -- the comments in this code might be helpful.

Necessary criteria for fonts to be available in a command window - although the newsgroup exchange in the url that you dropped references this kb article, the comment there doesn't do the article justice.

Adding East Asian Fonts To Your System - For Windows XP

How to emit UTF-8 from console mode program?

Good hunting!
"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes." - the Laughing Man
I dunno.
One thing I noticed was that when I tried to type Kana/Kanji in the command prompt, IME didn't have this as an option. So I think even if you can get a CJK font like MS Song or MS Gothic, setup for command prompt, IME isn't going to let you enter the chars.
-----OpenEndedAdventure.com - The Adventure that Anyone Can Edit.
You could still copy from another source and paste the text (definitely cumbersome).

What I am really trying to do is use Python Ctypes to print a ctypes.c_wchar_p (C's wide character pointer) valued variable, but I am probably better off defining the encoding in the source editor(and no longer using immediate mode).
Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600, 2.4 GHz. 3GB RAM. ATI Radeon HD 3400.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement