Irrlicht Engine - Retrieving and displaying system time

Started by
2 comments, last by Ro1 14 years, 8 months ago
Hi all, Ok so we've been asked to pick a graphics engine for a Uni. assignment, using which we shall be doing a number of things over the coming weeks. I've chosen Irrlicht for this purpose. One requirement I have to complete for this coming week is getting current system time to display in my scene, and no matter how much I search around, I haven't found a single way to achieve this using Irrlicht. I'm guessing it should be something fairly simple, but I just can't get my head around it... I'll admit that I'm no pro, specially since this is my first experience with a graphics engine, so do excuse me if this is a really trivial matter. However, its important to me to find out how to do this, as soon as possible. So anyone out here with any ideas/tips/code, it'd be great if you could help out! Thanks very much in advance :)
Advertisement
There is nothing in Irrlicht specifically, but the localtime function is standard C and does what you want.

Or is it the display of the time you're having trouble with, and not the "getting".
@ Codeka : Thanks for your response. While I can get the time using standard C++ functionality, its the "displaying in-engine" part that's got me stumped. I need to know a way to show the time inside of my demo app., like a realtime clock.
Any ideas?

[SOLVED]

Finally found out a way to use a variable inside of the draw() method for bitmap fonts, and then just passed in the current time retrieved using the standard C++ routine from Codeka's link. Cheers, dude :)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement