SoftPixel Engine

Started by
14 comments, last by LukasBanana 14 years, 7 months ago
Hi, this is my first thread here and I want to present you my 3d engine: the "SoftPixel Engine" available on Sourceforge (zlib/lib license) using OpenGL 2.0, Direct3D9 and it's own SoftwareRenderer for C++. The design of the function- and class names looks like in the Irrlicht Engine. But it's complete different! It's in version 1.7 and you can download it from sourceforge: http://sourceforge.net/projects/softpixelengine/ Or from the engine's homepage: http://softpixelengine.sourceforge.net/ Please give it a try and give me feedback for the engine and the pre-compiled samples and tutorials =) Thanks and kind regards from Germany, Lukas [Edited by - LukasBanana on August 17, 2009 9:10:34 AM]
Advertisement
Is there nobody who is interested in my 3D engine? =(
I bummed around your source out of curiosity. It seems impressive and well done. However, I don't think anyone will be very interested in using a brand new engine when there are others that have been around long enough to mature and have the bugs worked out.

It you made a full featured game with it, or had something that set it apart from the other engines, you might get more people interested.
You might want to add your engine to this list.
Thanks for the hint of DevMaster =)
I added my engine to this list.
Might want to think about adding at least MSVC++ 2005 projects as well. I'm not going to install a new IDE to look at the engine nor do I want to try and figure out what source files are supposed to go in what.
Hey it looks great! Judging from the screenshots on your site, it seems like you've done some really nice work, and being the single person to developed it is admirable. Again, good work! It would be great if you put it into action by developing some game with it ;)
Cheers!
lol almost everything is like Irrlicht - like you can forget you're actually not using it ;)

btw, just asking: Is SoftPixel has any special feature that Irrlicht doesn't have? I mean everything looks the same.
Does the IrrlichtEngine have an integrated sound-system? SPE does!
Does the IrrlichtEngine have an integrated network-system? SPE does!
How many standard primitives does the IrrlichtEngine have? The SPE has 16!
Does the IrrlichtEngine support the AVI Video Format -> MovieToTexture? The SPE does!
Does the IrrlichtEngine support the Half-Life 1 BSP FileFormat? The SPE does (incomplete, but in progress)

In my point of view the SoftPixel Engine is more easy then the IrrlichtEngine.
e.g. 2D Drawing is more easy and you have much more 2D functions.

PS: yes, the API is similar but just the design ;-)
The new forum for my engine is complete in english for international discussions and also supports sub-forums for my other projects such as my first video game using the engine:
new SoftPixel Engine's forum

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement