Sign in to follow this  
dacredens

D3D10 - Texture Problem - resource view not binding

Hi, I'm pretty new to direct3d 10 and some of it's concepts so.. I've implemented some simple rendering code and have a shader up and running I'm now trying to sample a texture on some geometry I've created a resource view/texture successfully (I've checked it's 'descriptions' and they are all consistent with the texture file) I then get a shader resource variable and set the resource view on it before rendering my geometry I have debug output stating: "The Pixel Shader unit expects a Shader Resource View at Slot 0 but none is bound..." I've stepped through this with PIX and it seems that the resource view isn't even in memory etc. Are there any rules as to when resources can be created during run time? I'm creating the resource view on-the-fly Thanks for your help

Check out the PSSetResources() function on the device. You'll need to use this to bind the texture to the pixel shader. I know you say you've done this with a resource variable (probably out of effects) but the error you get means that it's not binding as you expected it to. Double check the binding code.

[Edited by - DieterVW on August 17, 2009 11:22:05 AM]

Ok I've checked this and it shows that some address is being passed but that address is pointing to NULL
I can't figure out why it would be null though because when I set the resource on the variable.. I check it's description and it's all valid