Reg Direct3D programming BOOKS

Started by
5 comments, last by fioskarthi 14 years, 8 months ago
Hi Anyone Please suggest some good book for Direct3D progrmming .. Thanks in advance ..
Advertisement
Moving to For Beginners; the Help Wanted forum is for people looking for help with particular projects.
i would recommend introduction to 3d game programming with directx 10 or 9.0c as these books are great if you want to dwelve into the 3d side of games programming. They take you through all the basics such as making a blank directx application and teach you everything up to particle systems and terrain rendering.

This book is by Frank d Luna and is easily a classic, his coding style is great and teaches you lots of good habits and his code and how he teaches you makes for a very readable and easy introduction to directx

Game Development Tutorials - My new site that tries to teach LWJGL 3.0 and OpenGL to anyone willing to learn a little.

I prefer to avoid purchasing or recommending books that are API specific because they date themselves incredibly fast. Rather I would recommend that you select a good book about the fundamentals of graphics programming (such as "Fundamentals of Computer Graphics, 2nd Ed.") and then augment that knowledge by reading the DirectX SDK documentation, which will tell you how to use the DX libraries to achieve the results you learned about in the graphics programming book.
Quote:Original post by jpetrie
I prefer to avoid purchasing or recommending books that are API specific because they date themselves incredibly fast. Rather I would recommend that you select a good book about the fundamentals of graphics programming (such as "Fundamentals of Computer Graphics, 2nd Ed.") and then augment that knowledge by reading the DirectX SDK documentation, which will tell you how to use the DX libraries to achieve the results you learned about in the graphics programming book.

When you're an absolute beginner, that makes it really hard to get things going initially, it's best to get some instant motivation by getting something on the screen.

I don't disagree that soon than later you should get a great API-agnostic book such as Real-Time Rendering, but for a first book, I think you should get something that will allow you to get some code under your fingers and see the stuff in action, and I second the Luna book, as long as it's the ..:A Shader Approach version if it's the directx 9 book.
--------------------------------------Not All Martyrs See Divinity, But At Least You Tried
Quote:Original post by Evil Steve
Moving to For Beginners; the Help Wanted forum is for people looking for help with particular projects.

Many thanks to all quys..

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement