[java] Nebuloids

Started by
13 comments, last by Chaoslab 22 years, 8 months ago
I will be making a smaller res''d version of nebs sometime soon!

But on another note I managed to fix a bug in the audio methods which caused the game to eventually freeze.

I did this by playing a continuos sound buffer containing the value 127....

So if anyone out there ever has any jdk1.1 sun.audio problems then give that a shot!

:-)

Yippie I can use my hand made sound effects after all!!!!

Oh yeah I have started the next game already be interesting to see how long it will take....
Advertisement
Anyone interested in the timer code just drop me an e-mail...

eric (at) snowmoon dot com
Fun small game, hooks you up quite good It reminds me of a game back in the 80''s we used to play on my friends Commodore 64. Could it have been Nebuloids?

Anyhow, only 8 movement directions is a bit limiting. Could you work it up to at least 16 possibly even 32? That way there wouldn''t be so big gaps where you can''t fire. If you are worried about loading that many bitmaps in an applet you could load just one bitmap and then rotate it programmatically to get the other directions.

-
JavaNerd
-Pasi Keranen
Well it does show that I used to be a C=64 and Amiga coder....

Quite a few people ahs said "It''s just like an amiga game"!

Makes me feel warm and guiy inside!

I thought about the rotation thing and thought nah.... I do auto rotate 90/180/270 already and considering all of the graphics including the data files take up less than 35k and decompress to over 2.4m I think I have done well enough in that region!

And developing eldian has taken over 4 years (the game editor)

I am currently looking into doing my own blitting routines with real time effects (hence check out The Chaoslab and rotation would definately be part of it

And then I will code a 3d routine so I can Chaoslab textures real time in 3D.... Hmmmmmm brain toast!

ujhkfkfk
/me hugs my A500+
if you like programming, you like maths, you just don't know it yet

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement