[SlimDX] Having trouble porting from MDX to SlimDX

Started by
2 comments, last by LauraMcCarter 14 years, 8 months ago
I've been trying to port my project from MDX to SlimDX but I'm having trouble with the following classes Action ActionFormat ActionCollection Can anybody tell me what I should be using in SlimDX for these classes? Your help would be much appreciated! Thanks, Laura
Advertisement
We don't have support for DirectInput action mapping at the moment, mostly because no one has ever asked for such support and it's quite outdated technology. If you find you need it, post an issue on our issue tracker and we'll look into adding it.
Mike Popoloski | Journal | SlimDX
Although seriously, Action Mapping was junk technology the day it was released. You're a million times better off replacing it with simple key mapping of your own instead of using a poorly conceived extension to an API you're not supposed to be using anymore for anything except legacy joysticks and gamepads.
SlimDX | Ventspace Blog | Twitter | Diverse teams make better games. I am currently hiring capable C++ engine developers in Baltimore, MD.
Thanks for your quick replies you guys!

Mike, I don't think I'll post an issue about it. Sounds like I should move out of the dark ages anyway and figure out another way to use the joystick.

Promit, do you have any links to good examples of key mapping?

Would either of you suggest using the Joystick class?

Thanks a bunch!

[Edited by - LauraMcCarter on August 18, 2009 12:23:13 PM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement