setting up shop for games

Started by
23 comments, last by KalvinB 22 years, 9 months ago
I could sell 100 and report only 75 to you...if I do the shipping and if I was dishonest. This is why I encourage the authors to handle production and shipping. That way, every order must go through them.

If you''re doing professional burning, that''s fine. It''s up to you to produce the CDs how you want and to account for the cost. If you need a loan for the cost of production, I would have to refer you to the bank. I don''t have the cash flow to advance any amounts of money. I''m just matching you with buyers and handling the business end of it.

I''ll have more exact numbers on everything within a month.

http://therabbithole.redback.inficad.com/teenpro/10001.jpg

That''s a shot of the jewel case used for Cradle Quest 1 & 2. The green haze is from the green screen I used to remove any background. I''ll be retaking the shot later just using a white background.

Ben
Advertisement
wooohooo, wait a secound, I am not saying you are not honest, I am only saying that it could happen if you burn and sell the product, if you reffer people to me to do the shipping and handling, you could just start a game site with reviews of all the games there are, refer people to the sites, and get revenue from advertising (as banners as well as directly by the authors).
I am not asking you to do any cash advance, nor a loan, is just a sale transaction, you give me te money I give you the discs as simple as that, what you do with the discs after that is your problem, you can give em for free and promote the game, for all I care I have the money in my pocket for the sale of everyone and each of those discs and I can re-invest on more discs, when you run short of inventory you give me a call, and I ship more disks to you, is how the market works.
About being "ripped off" there''s simply an indicator which are the lies, I didn''t see any contradiction nor any attempt to make people believe that he had a huge safe company from KalvinB or similar things so it seems to me that there are no lies in his case, there are other cases in which someone tells me that a game sold a millon copies and denies that in public or says in public that Cliffsky''s Star Miner sold 150,000 copies and Cliffsky denies that, all those are cases of real lies, or the guy of pcgamesforyou.com saying so many things that simply common sense tells you that it''s just not realistic.
Lies make the difference between honest business or people who want to rip off others. And as I said KalvinB seems to be lie-free by now so if that doesn''t change and no one says he was ripped off by him we can consider that is an honest business.
Nicole Poster:

I paid attention during the CI discussions. I appreciate the fact you see me as honest from what I''m posting as I know you''re quite good at investigating things. I have a good reputation and I am not willing to risk it for anything.

From my Author FAQ
9. What kind of sales can I expect?

That depends on a lot of factors. I will keep numbers on how many of each game is sold which I will make available to the author of the game. I can’t guarantee or predict how many of any game will sell. I will never release the sales numbers of any game to anyone who is not the author of that game. I will never promote Teen Productions based on the sales numbers of any game. I will keep track of how many people visit Teen Productions and how many total sales there are. How well you are doing can be based off of those numbers.

-----
Kwizatz:

I will never advance money to an author. Simple rule. So don''t ask. It creates a risk and that''s not what my business is about. It''s zero risk for both sides. Any author who wishes to add risk to my side will not be able to sell their product at my site. This is a rule that will never bend.

Already covered dishonesty.

As I said, I''m working on the FAQ still and will have forms and proceedures written up before the site is launched. No author should be in doubt as to what''s going on at any point. I suggest you take the time to read the FAQ as it addresses many of the points you are bringing up.

You will never see ads at my site for any 3rd parties.

You will never see a review of any game especially the ones I sell other than than what''s written by the author.

There are plenty of business opportunities out there, this is the one I''ve chosen to pursue.

Ben
http://therabbithole.redback.inficad.com
I assume that I''m the guy from pcgamesforyou.com. I will gladly accept your criticism if you could back it up with some facts. I''m sure I haven''t made any false promises and I haven''t told any lies. However, I''d be interested to hear what it is that I said that isn''t realistic.
--------------------Help Needed!Turn-based 20th century strategy wargameTitle still to be determined

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement