3D in C++

Started by
4 comments, last by smitty1276 14 years, 8 months ago

asdf

ΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞI'm a Kirby using, Ike abusing, Mario smashing, Dedede trashing, Luigi stomping, Zelda chomping, Smash ball whacking, Bowser smacking BRAWLER!
Advertisement
you want to know how to load and display 3d models within multimedia fusion 2?

or how to load and display them in general?
--------------------------------------Not All Martyrs See Divinity, But At Least You Tried

asdf

ΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞI'm a Kirby using, Ike abusing, Mario smashing, Dedede trashing, Luigi stomping, Zelda chomping, Smash ball whacking, Bowser smacking BRAWLER!
Google is your friend.

http://www.gamedev.net/reference/articles/article1259.asp

asdf

Quote:Original post by MangaTigerBoy
No good. This runs off of some custom engine, which apparently does more than just display .3ds files. I just need the basics. If I need any custom engine, I'd prefer to write it myself.

Rendering a .3ds file requires more than what you apparently consider to be "the basics" of how to "display .3ds files".

The link provided above shows how to parse the contents of a .3ds file. You will need to do that at some point, UNLESS you embrace pre-existing engines (check out OGRE) that do more than "the basics" and allow them to do the work for you.

If you decide to do it on your own, you will need to learn either OpenGL or DirectX, and you will need to parse the file as shown at the link and render it.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement