Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jman522

Game art and Desgn or Animation/Illustration Degree?

Guest Jman522
I've been doing a lot research and weight a lot of pro's and con's and I was hoping to get others opinions on what they think is a smarter way of getting into the game industry through the art route. I've heard numerous times that following a Game Art and Design approach which most of the game development schools offer, are good but also are highly specialized in the game industry, I would assume that would leave less room to move around in terms of career? Taking the more traditional art route such as doing a program in animation/illustration from general opinion seems like it leaves u a lot room to move around and expand, also seems to be a bit cheaper since these programs are offered outside of art specific colleges. Hopefully I can get some opinions, such as the pro's and con's I'm really trying to make the best possible decision rather then whats hyped up. thank you

Adult life is all about making decisions. You get to start now! This article can help you figure out how to collect the data as regards to different criteria so you can decide which degree to get. This article discusses the issue of game degrees vs. non-game-specific degrees.
By all means, collect whatever data you can from this mini-poll you've begun here, but YOU get to make this decision - and you shouldn't make it solely based on opinions you gather here. You need to do research too. (Research is very different from conducting a mini opinion poll.)
Good luck!