Sign in to follow this  

Render Directly or to a Surface?

This topic is 3040 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have a hard time finding any information about Isometric rendering. It would obviously benefit if it were possible to render the tiles to a surface and then render that surface to the screen. I have seen articles talk about doing that, but they don't mention how you render objects moving on that tile underneath other tiles when necessary. I know this can be done using blend modes, but I feel lighting would become exponentially more complex in this manner. So, do you render tiles directly to the screen or do you render them to a surface first?

I'd render everything I don't expect to see through on a surface. It's either that or I'd just use the simple analogy of layers and concern myself with lighting one layer at a time and render everything back to front. Truth be told, you don't really need a surface. The display would be just fine.

Cheers!
-Zyro

This topic is 3040 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.