• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

view matrix

This topic is 6066 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hi guys , can anyone tell me how to use the view matrix to get camera movement. when i am compiling the following code only one frame is showing . the code is below other necessary functions are there THANKS TO ANYONE WHO ANSWERS IN ADVANCE VOID Render() { g_pd3dDevice->Clear( 0, NULL, D3DCLEAR_TARGET|D3DCLEAR_ZBUFFER, D3DCOLOR_XRGB(0,0,0), 1.0f, 0 ); D3DLIGHT8 light; ZeroMemory( &light, sizeof(D3DLIGHT8) ); light.Type = D3DLIGHT_POINT; light.Diffuse.r = 1.0f; light.Diffuse.g = 0.0f; light.Diffuse.b = 0.2f; light.Position.x = 0.0f; light.Position.y = 1.0f; light.Position.z = -80.0f; light.Range = 1000.0f; g_pd3dDevice->SetLight( 0, &light ); g_pd3dDevice->LightEnable( 0, TRUE); D3DXMATRIX matView, matProj; D3DXVECTOR3 eyepoint,lookat; D3DXVECTOR3 upvect(0.0f,1.0f,0); eyepoint.x = 0.0f; eyepoint.y = 25.0f; lookat.x = 0.0f; lookat.y = 25.0f; g_pd3dDevice->BeginScene(); for(int m = 0;m<345;m++) { eyepoint.z = 5.0f+m; lookat.z =-100.0f; D3DXMatrixLookAtLH( &matView,&eyepoint,&lookat,&upvect); g_pd3dDevice->SetTransform( D3DTS_VIEW, &matView ); D3DXMatrixPerspectiveFovLH( &matProj, D3DX_PI/4, 1.0f, 1.0f, 10000.0f ); g_pd3dDevice->SetTransform( D3DTS_PROJECTION, &matProj ); for( DWORD i=0; iSetMaterial( &g_pMeshMaterials ); g_pd3dDevice->SetTexture( 0, g_pMeshTextures[i] ); g_pMesh->DrawSubset( i ); } g_pd3dDevice->EndScene(); } g_pd3dDevice->Present( NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL ); }

Advertisement
Shouldn''t the g_pd3dDevice->BeginScene() be in the loop
for every frame you need to have a beginscene and a endscene
the beginscene is outside the loop scope and because of that you can''t see all the frames, only the first one

Katana

hi

even when i keep the begin scene in the loop only one frame is getting displayed. updated code is here

for(int m = 0;m<345;m++)
{
g_pd3dDevice->BeginScene();

eyepoint.z = 5.0f+m;
lookat.z =-100.0f;

D3DXMatrixLookAtLH( &matView,&eyepoint,&lookat,&upvect);
g_pd3dDevice->SetTransform( D3DTS_VIEW, &matView );

D3DXMatrixPerspectiveFovLH( &matProj, D3DX_PI/4, 1.0f, 1.0f, 10000.0f );
g_pd3dDevice->SetTransform( D3DTS_PROJECTION, &matProj );

for( DWORD i=0; i {

g_pd3dDevice->SetMaterial( &g_pMeshMaterials );
g_pd3dDevice->SetTexture( 0, g_pMeshTextures[i] );