• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can't find iostream.h

This topic is 6060 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have a program I''m trying to write that needs iostream.h but it''s not on my system and I can''t find what rpm it''s in. Can anyone tell me where I can get this??? I''ve made sure all the following packages are installed... egcs-1.1.2-28mdk.i586.rpm egcs-cpp-1.1.2-28mdk.i586.rpm gcc-2.95.2-7mdk.i586.rpm gcc-c++-2.95.2-7mdk.i586.rpm gcc-cpp-2.95.2-7mdk.i586.rpm thxs,

Advertisement
Woah, it can''t find it??? That''s not good... Usually, I think the directory C++ includes are found in is /usr/include/g++-2 -- something similar anyway. As root, go cd to / and try find -name iostream.h. It should show where it is on your system. Strange that it''s not in your PATH though...

Got Slack?
Commander M

libstdc++-devel is there...
searches of my hard drive still come up with nothing...
a full install of linux on another machine that I just did, and selected EVERYTHING under development dosn''t have it eather...
Could this just be a problem with mandrake 7.1??? If so are ther any other places I could gat the files I need?

As CmndrM said, the C++ header files are installed under /usr/include/g++-3 (in RH7.1; g++-2 in older distros). Mandrake definitely has the headers included - I''ve used both 7.0 and 7.1. You say you included everything under development; are you sure? You didn''t select something that canceled that previous selection? Then that''s extremely odd...

The file is in the package libstdc++-devel. For good measure, make sure glibc-devel is installed as well. You can grab (up-to-date versions of) them at RPMFind. Just enter the package name - sometimes even the file name works, though not all files have been indexed.

Good luck.

Got it now! libstdc++-devel is the file I needed! I don''t have the "Mandrake 7.1 ext" cd and that''s the one it''s on so I didn''t have that rpm. Figured all the basic stuff like that would be on the main disk but it wasn''t. Thanks for the help. Now off to post some more questions...

• Advertisement