• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

XaOs

Making a list of OpenGL games!!!!

This topic is 6341 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi!! I was just wondering if anyone out there would be interested in creating a list of games created using mostly OpenGL, and most important maybe using NeHe''s basecode!! He has put a lot of hard work into his site, and thos tutorials and i think it''s time we pay him back by doing something for him!!!! Here''s what i though of : Create a list of games containing : - Game Name (duh) - Specs. (Type, size, used APIs, multiplayer, etc, etc) - Where to get it. - Author - Time used creating it - And maybe some more!! If all users of the NeHe forum got together and created this list and published it on different sites around the net, i think this would be great!! If anybody got some other ideas witch is better, post them!! We could all figure this out together.....He deserves it! Hope someone understands where i am going here... Take Care! - -- ---[XaOs]--- -- -

Advertisement
Hmm... An admirable idea, but I''m afraid I can''t help. However, you inspired an idea of my own which I thought people might be interested in... What if we put together a very small bit of code that everyone who learned from NeHe could use in their projects. This code/library/dll/whatever would provide a simple to use function/functions to display a "powered by NeHe" splashscreen/logo/icon/whatever... It would be very easy to do, and in my opinion, would be a great way of saying thanks to the whole "NeHe scene".

Yea, I second the NeHe idea. I have to say the site is awesome, and the CD is great too. I just wish I had more free time to really dive into the 3d arena. (Been saying that for years now...I believe college has made me dumber.) In either case...I would be curious to see a list of games that:

A) used openGl
B) used openGl from NeHe''s bag of tricks

Would be very interesting and inspirational at the same time.

Guest Anonymous Poster
Real programmers doesn''t use others code. Win32 Window
, changing displaymode, pixelformat and SGI''s OpenGL rendering context creation was really easy in 1990 too before Behe.
Behe is not significant programmer for programmers that use SGI''s OpenGL. LOL, basecode, LOL. Use my basecode ! LOL.

Why are negative (unwelcomed comments) always posted by anonymous users? I think that it is a very good idea which ppl should take into consideration.

Scott

Email
Website

"If you try and don''t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried."

I totaly agree with snake on that one.....

If you are so good, why the **** can''t you use your names or nicks? Maybe you are too good for this forum?

Anyways....I also find the "Novalis" idea a little better than mine... (Hey....these things happen)!!!

I don''t know if this will ever be possible to go trough with but if people are willing to do something it might go.....else it will not!!

Take Care!

- -- ---[XaOs]--- -- -

Well anonymous, if its of your opinions that Nehe is not a good programer, I think its safe to say that you aren''t either. Because if you had ANY kind of knowledge as to what goes into those tutorials, and how much time and effort is used, then you would have some respect. Until then, atleast grow a backbone, and use your nick when you post stuff. There is nothing more annoying than someone hiding behind an anonymous posting. ''

The Kid

I don''''t know what the future holds, but I know who holds the future.

I agree. Anyone here who does not respect what NeHe does for us should not be allowed the help of this forum! If he''s such an awsom programmer, why isn''t he running a tut site and using his name?

*TO ANON POSTER*
Real programmers use other people''s code to prevent mistakes from re-occurring. Those who are so full of themselves that they will not use tried and true code will never make it in the industry, nor will they make it on there own. Nehe''s base code is to allow people to focus on OPENGL instead of the dreaded win32 system. Were this a win32 site, you would be expected to look at his code, but write some of your own. It''s not though, we''re here to learn opengl. If you''re so damn good, why the hell are you here? You''re obviously not here to help people! I really suggest you think about what you''re saying. This is an OPEN dev. forum. People are here to learn AND do exactly what you just bashed. I suggest you fix your problem by canceling your isp account and never visiting this site again. And yes, I used my name, not an anon post, to say this.

-ATronic

Yo Anonymous Poster, if you are so keen to write everything yourself, don´t use Windows/Linux DLL`s P
Or show us your code so we *might* admire your 1337 programming skills (ROFL).

I confess to belong to the NeHe "family" of OpenGL programmers who learned through his and his submitters tutorials hrhr )

I´m working on a little isometric RPG for some time now and very unregularly...I´ll happily support this list when this has come to a "finished" state, whenever that may be hehehe

Dr.Zoidberg@Futurama: "I´m a rich respected doctor...with many surviving patients..."

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!