Making a list of OpenGL games!!!!

Started by
15 comments, last by XaOs 22 years, 8 months ago
I think the idea ''bout the .dll is cool... The question is, do we make a .dll or a static lib?

cya,
Phil

Visit Rarebyte!
and no!, there are NO kangaroos in Austria (I got this questions a few times over in the states
Visit Rarebyte! and no!, there are NO kangaroos in Austria (I got this question a few times over in the states ;) )
Advertisement
WHOHAAAA........

Turned out that this post actually turned into a "anon" poster slaught, than a post to honor NeHe!!

But....not much for me to do about it..

phueppl1
(You make them just like you make a header file..almost.. )
The only diff. is WHY MAKE THEM....someone allready did it

Take Care!

- -- ---[XaOs]--- -- -
- -- ---[XaOs]--- -- -[ Project fy ||| CyberTux ]
I think that creating a package (dll, static lib, whatever), that displayed the NeHe logo would be a great way to show support.

J.W.

P.S. A little comment for Anon:
Real Programmers cannot get around using other peoples code Unless of course they create their own microprocessor, their own computer, and their own programming language with which to work with. If they use any pre-existing tools, then they have already used someone elses code. lol
Idea. Perhaps I missed something earlier and this has come up already. But why not do this. Find everyone who made a game using nehe''s basecode OR just from his tuts. Make a package program that lists them all then executes one when selected after un-packing it from a rar or lib. One HUGE tribute to nehe showing all the work he inspired. Of course we would need permission for any work that went into it.

Alex Broadwin
A-Tronic Software & Design
-----
"if you fail in life, you were destined to fail. If you suceed in life, call me."
"The answer is out there."
"Please help, I''m using Windows!"
Alex BroadwinA-Tronic Software & Design-----"if you fail in life, you were destined to fail. If you suceed in life, call me.""The answer is out there.""Please help, I'm using Windows!"
That one also turned out to be a better idea than my original one... (why can''t i get the good ones )!!

The only problem i see with this way, is the size of the thingie!
If i got you right, you''d want every game we can find included into that package, still though some of them might be quite huge in size!! Imagine that we got 25 games, and 15 of them where like 100 megs in size...A good game in todays programming knowledge could quickly grow quite large in size!!!

But on the other side...there most eb thousands of thousands different small and cool games out there created with NeHe''s code!!

For them this idea could qork out quite good!!

Still though i think creating a .dll, to include with your game/project when you have it done, that shows of the NeHe logo, or displays a little "Powered by NeHe" logo would be the best idea!! That way everyone playing the game / running the demo, would know who NeHe is, and where to find him!! Then if they are programmers still belonging to the good old MCGA mode and wants to start of with OpenGL, they know where to go!!

(Damn that was a lot of crap i wrote there...LOL )!!

Take Care!

- -- ---[XaOs]--- -- -
Both ideas are good. Mine would work for smaller ones, like you said, and your would just work (-:
Either way, nehe should get a tribute of some kind. Both can be done, mine would just be limited to smaller ones. Also figure we''ll be using high compression. I was thinking of something like high compresion library rar files. Then it could be downloaded in smaller sections. Just a thought.

Alex Broadwin
A-Tronic Software & Design
-----
"if you fail in life, you were destined to fail. If you suceed in life, call me."
"The answer is out there."
"Please help, I''m using Windows!"
Alex BroadwinA-Tronic Software & Design-----"if you fail in life, you were destined to fail. If you suceed in life, call me.""The answer is out there.""Please help, I'm using Windows!"
It could be done in this way though.....

We make a console, like NES or something, where there is one common folder for all games / demos, and all you have to do
to add a new one to the console is to add the gamefolder into the common folder....or something like that!!!

Then all we need is a server with some big hd space, and there would be simple to make a site where everyone could upload their own games and / or demos!!

Something came out the way i though of it...i think

This way the amount of code involved won''t be to big either..

Take Care!

- -- ---[XaOs]--- -- -

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement