• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cd-rom to dos?

This topic is 6062 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

me stupid but can you help me and tell me how to install the cd-drive so it works in the dos... Now it just says that there is no such drive (e) pretty stupid to post a message like this to here, but I gotta try...

Advertisement
I''ll take a stab at this...in your config.sys make sure the CD-ROM''s driver is loaded (usually a .sys file). Then, in autoexec.bat you need to run MSCDEX with a couple of switches--one of them tells the device driver name, the other tells what drive letter it should be. What may be better to do is to create another batch file that you can run whenever you need to load MSCDEX so it doesn''t take up extra conventional memory under windows. Hope this helps...if it doesn''t I may be able to look on my old computer and find a tangible example.

well, the thing is that all that is written on my config.sys is 3 lines of shit and same with the autoexec.bat so..
My computer wasen''t really made for dos-gaming (wich I''am really pissed about). I just tried to copy the texts in a boot-disk to config.sys but it wrecked my computer for a while... hehe... me a dumbass...

• Advertisement