Sites similar to SF/Assembla

Started by
4 comments, last by skwee 14 years, 7 months ago
Hello I'm looking for sites who offer similar services as sourceforge or assembla. The problem with SF that it forces the project to be open source (afaik) and I'm not sure about the licence of my project yet, assembla however is not free anymore. I need a system with support for SVN, Tickets, Milestone management, Team management, and preferably some kind of WiKi. It suppose to be free since I don't have money to invest yet, and I need the ability to make the project private (no one except allowed users can see any page of the project). Thanks :)

I would love to change the world, but they won’t give me the source code.

Advertisement
AFAIK Assembla remains free if you don't mind to have a public project.

You have bitbucket.org as free with private projects but uses mercurial as SCM tool.
I don't think assembla offer free plans anymore, at least I could not find a one on their site.

About bitbucket.org
Thanks for this link, looks good! But why you noticed the fact that it uses mercurial? Is it bad?

More suggestion are welcomed!

Thanks!

Assembla is free for public projects, when you click on the link to setup an account there's the 5 non-free plans, then right under there is "free public plan".
I use XP Dev for my SVN hosting. I know it does some of the other features you've mentioned, but I haven't messed with them much.
"Game Programming" in an of itself does not exist. We learn to program and then use that knowledge to make games.
Telastyn
Ow didn't see it, anyway I wish the project to be private at least for now (and no I don't have some revolutionary idea or something like this).

Instruo
Thanks Ill check it.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement