Any Hexagon users out there?

Started by
2 comments, last by zer0wolf 14 years, 7 months ago
Is there anyone else out there using Hexagon for creating game content?

My free book on Direct3D: "The Direct3D Graphics Pipeline"
My blog on programming, vintage computing, music, politics, etc.: Legalize Adulthood!

Advertisement
I tried it awhile back and honestly didn't really dig it. I think Silo3D is a much better dedicated modeler for the same price.
laziness is the foundation of efficiency | www.AdrianWalker.info | Adventures in Game Production | @zer0wolf - Twitter
What didn't you like about it? Was it the workflow?

My free book on Direct3D: "The Direct3D Graphics Pipeline"
My blog on programming, vintage computing, music, politics, etc.: Legalize Adulthood!

Workflow? Yes. It has been over a year since I tried it, but it simply did not feel intuitive to me. I felt the interface was absurdly complicated for something built around exclusively modeling and I had to hunt for what I wanted. Compare this with Silo3D, which has a very minimalist interface that just works, because everything is content sensitive.

Look at the above example of Silo3D's interface. That is all you need. You have your selection and movement modes. If you don't know the hotkey to perform an action, you just right click on whatever you have selected and Silo gives you a content sensitive menu of what exactly you can do with that object, face, point, or edge. What you need when you need it, and nothing more.

laziness is the foundation of efficiency | www.AdrianWalker.info | Adventures in Game Production | @zer0wolf - Twitter

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement