• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FatalXC

Funky lumel calculations

This topic is 6238 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey all, I''ve just completed my lightmap compiler/renderer but it is using the simplest possible method of calculating the brightness at each lumel: Brightness = 1 - (DistanceToLightSource / LightSourceRadius); And not using if negative or light behind polygon plane etc... This was OK for getting the system working, but now I want to get some cool attenuation effects and brightness changing relative to the angle of the light source etc... What equations are there that do this? Also, now I have a lightmap generator, how hard is it to switch to a radiosity processor? I''m pretty sure it would be worth the effort!! Cheers, FatalXC

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!