• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Transparent Forms (Visual Basic).

This topic is 6152 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Lo All, I''m programming an MP3 player in visual basic and I need to know how to make forms transparent and then use a picture as the background, so it looks like the picture is the form. Also if anyone knows, how do I change the appearance of buttons and scroll bars? As you can probably tell I don''t know much VB, it''s for a college project. Thanks in Advance.... COiN

Advertisement
One of the properties of the Form is "Picture". At design-time set this property to the picture file you want.

Also you're pretty limited to what buttons and scroll bars can look like. Check out the properties on them, you'll see background color, simple style changes, etc...you're not going to be able to easily reproduce a Winamp feel. (assuming that's what you're going for.)

Epolevne

Edited by - Epolevne on July 17, 2001 12:30:23 PM

im not a VB coder but in general you can try this
get the whole Display (screen shot) in an MemCanvas then copy the region under your window and get the whole window (screen shot of your application window). If you have the Copy of you Application window and the Copy of the region behind your window then you can easy alpha blendig and draw it back to the display.
I think this would work..try it :D

Get dc handles :
DesktopDC = GetDC (GetDesktopWindow());
AppDC = GetDC(AppHwnd);

Imp

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!