glPrint() doesnt work in fullscreen

Started by
7 comments, last by NewDeal 22 years, 9 months ago
I got some problems concerning bitmapped fonts in full screen. Ive tried several methods nowm including NeHe''s "bitmap font tutorial", and nothing seems to work. The text simply doesnt show up at screen when im running in fullscreen. Works fine in windowed mode though. Same problem when i run the compiled tutorial-file as well. Anybody got an idea why ?
Advertisement
We need more information ... graphics card in particular

and as always, are you using the latest drivers? this can solve so many problems, it''s untrue!

Regards
My system is running Win2K server with a Voodoo 3 3000(latest drivers).

OpenGL is version 1.1
Does the tutorial work or is it problems with both the tutorial and your own code?
I''m guessing it because you are using OpenGL 1.1 V.S 1.2
Just a guess though

Roach
Might be the GL version. Ill try to upgrade it.

If i run the exe that comes with the tutorial it screws up as well. Tried some other tutorial-programs i found around the net and the problem is the same.
Take it from my experience with voodoo cards, the nehe glPrint() tutorials will NOT work on v3 cards in fullscreen! Theres also a number of other tut''s that wont work on them eather. 3dfx never fully supported OpenGL.

As for upgrading your OpenGL drivers for windows...
Microsoft controls the opengl32.dll file and they are the ones who have to upgrade it, since there refusing to release the new driver (claming that opengl is obsolete and unused) dont plan on seeing the new drivers any time soon. Many companys, nVidia in particular, have all the OpenGL 1.2 support in there device drivers and you can access it by getting the api hooks at runtime. Can''t remember how to do this right of the top of my head but it will get you access to all the 1.2 features.
------------------------------Piggies, I need more piggies![pig][pig][pig][pig][pig][pig]------------------------------Do not invoke the wrath of the Irken elite. [flaming]
When you switch from windowed to fullscreen to kill the window and as a result you lose your hDC. Your font is binded to the hDC. Then you have to reload the font (Texture or BitMapFont) each time you change screen mode.
Same fellow as prev.

Forget about openGL version and graphic card, we are in 2001.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement