Jump to content
  • Advertisement


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.


Directx .x Problem

This topic is 6306 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Recommended Posts

I am having trouble with the .x format. I can create simple models in milkshape and they load just fine into my programs. But, when I take my 3ds max 4 .3ds files and convert them using the conv3ds utility that comes with the sdk, nothing visible appears on the screen. Is there an easier way to convert my models? I tried to export the model in 3ds as a .asc or some format like that and bring it into milkshape, but it was ugly and half the geometry and lines were missing. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
I think you''re lucky you''ve got so far. X files are great if you have a way of creating them - conv3ds has never converted a single file for me, and it usually crashes my machine. I haven''t bothered with it for months.

This is why I wrote my Anim8or library instead: www.directanim8or.btinternet.co.uk

Sorry I can''t help more. Just thought I''d write to say you''re not alone in being fed up with the unreliability of conversion software.


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!