Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Phillip Schuster

Volumetric Fog (This time it's a solution)

Hi all !!

Ok, I will do that article. I don't know where to post it, perhaps in Chris' coding corner. If not I will post it one of my pages.

Please give me a week or so. I will be in Paris (I am living in Munich) for a little sightseeing till Thursday, but be sure to see the article in about a week or so.

I will start right now, but there are a lot of Graphics to draw, so that everyone understands it.

There will also be an executable and Source-Code (C++) which shows everything.

Bye, and stay tuned.

Phillip

Yes... I too have been trying to find a way to do this in PR. Please post info/source/exe.

Tons of thanks

------------------
Jarrod Davis

[This message has been edited by JDS Games (edited August 06, 1999).]

Hi all !!

I have done Volumetric Fog using Power Render 2.6 (I will compile with 3.0 in a few days), but of course the princip is the same.

Ok, it took me quite some time but I wanted this effect, because it's really amazing. The main problem was, that there are just a few articles out there which explain this algo, but they always stop when it comes to programming.

So I want to write an article with the princip anf the how to do that with Power Render. Of course my algo can be used in other engine too.

So, is there anyone who is interested in seeing such an article ?? If so, I will begin with my article this night, if not, I won't

Phillip Schuster