C# Events in Lua

Started by
11 comments, last by ddboarm 14 years, 7 months ago
Quote:
- Implementation: I know that implementing the C# Script could be very easy and non-problematic in most cases. I am, however, using the VS Express app. I have tried downloading and installing the C# Script. Immediately, I ran into problems with my IDE randomly crashing at the most inopportune moment - at one time causing me to think I might have lost over 350 lines of code. Since I removed/uninstalled the .DLLs, I have no more problems...and I reverted to my first reason for choosing Lua.

Thank you for your response to this thread :)

I was not trying to convince you, just give another opportunity / solution. Just to finish with this, you don't have to download or install any external dll. If you want an example how i do, look at here.

Good luck with you Lua experiences :)
- Iliak -
[ ArcEngine: An open source .Net gaming framework ]
[ Dungeon Eye: An open source remake of Eye of the Beholder II ]
Advertisement
So far the 'Lua experience' has been challenging, but rewarding. I have learned a lot and really feel that it is the best way to go. Especially since I intend to allow others to implement new content.

I didn't really take your question as trying to convince me to use C# Script. But I did want to answer your question since I felt me reasoning has merit. :)
Quote:Original post by AverageJoeSSU
My Events are from an event system entirely implemented in Lua, If you go to the lua programming gems site you can find it. The guy who wrote the chapter says it is similar to how C# does events.

I basically pass the lua_state* from my engine dll up to LuaInterface, using the other constructor that takes an IntPtr which is a lua state.

that lua_state* contains the API from my engine for lua to create and manipulate game objects / fire and subscribe to events.

I'll have to look into it more then as I really do want to extend some events to the script. Thanks!!!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement