Sign in to follow this  
jdub

(SlimDX) Method not found: 'Single SlimDX.Vector3.get_X()'.

I am trying to build physX.Net and SlimDX together in a little test project. I have checked and I am building with the newest versions of both (SlimDX March 2009, PhysX.Net 0.11.0.0). But when the code gets to this line:
 sceneDesc.Gravity = new Vector3( 0.0f, 20.0f, 0.0f );

I get a wierd error: Method not found: 'Single SlimDX.Vector3.get_X()'. Any help would be appreciated as I am very new to game dev and programming

Are you mixing up types here? I would think that physx would have its own vector types that you would need to use when setting properties on PhysX objects, rather than just using the SlimDX type.

Either way it looks like some code is trying to access a property called "X" on a SlimDX.Vector3, which doesn't exist (SlimDX.Vector3 exposes X as a public field).

Quote:
Original post by MJP
Either way it looks like some code is trying to access a property called "X" on a SlimDX.Vector3, which doesn't exist (SlimDX.Vector3 exposes X as a public field).
But it used to expose them as properties, no? (I don't use SlimDX much myself)... My guess would be that he's using a version of PhysX.Net that was built against an older version of SlimDX (on that website it says "November 2008") that had properties instead of fields.

You can download the source code for PhysX.Net, so I would suggest you build it from source against the same version of SlimDX you're using for everything else.