• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

frescajy

in need of a little bit more help

This topic is 6158 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

the help i was given about installing direct x 8 got me a little furthere but now i have a completely new error message "could not find a suitable depth buffer format. Please try 32 bit mode." but i am in 32bit color mode, and that didn''t matter i also tried checking the box that said 32 bit when i first open power render but neither helps, is there something else ????

Advertisement
If you''re using a video card that can''t render in 32 bit mode use 16 instead (ie older voodoo cards).

i am using a Rage LT Pro AGP 2X, and am in 32 bit color currently but have tried running 24bit 16bit etc.

So it''s another laptop

People using laptops seem to have problems with PR because of the video support in them. See if you can run any of the DX8 examples from the SDK first.

Hi frescajy

SDK means software developement Kit. What Chris is saying is that you need to try some of the examples from the DirectX 8.0a SDK.

You can get the DX8a sdk from microsofts site at:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/downloads/default.asp?URL=/downloads/sample.asp?url=/msdn-files/027/001/494/msdncompositedoc.xml

Be warned it's a massive download around 141,067,000 bytes
if you have ADSL or Cable it will download pretty fast in no time.

The file to run is DX8_SDK.exe it will install DX8 on your system as well as the Visual Basic and Visual C++ examples that you can test your video card on.

Your won't be able to run all the examples which depends on the capability of your video card. Your might try reinstalling the DX8 runtime usually for people who are not developers which is also at microsofts site.

Hope this helps

Doug

Edited by - sovereign on July 17, 2001 10:12:30 PM

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!