• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Tordin

DX10 - PostProcessing.

This topic is 3383 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi! i am wondering abit abot how to make postprocessing effekts, when i was reading artikels about doing it in dx9 it seemd simpel to just skip the vertex shader.. which make sens! but when i did that with my dx10 code it just ended up in a big fat error! so, any one got any idea or any good tutorial? cheers!

Advertisement
A "big fat error" is really not useful diagnostics.

Anyway, in D3D10, usage of a vertex shader (and a pixel shader) is mandatory if you want to draw geometry. However, the shaders can be very simple, if all you need is data pass-thru.

Note that in D3D10, you don't have to actually use a vertex buffer if you want to do the standard full-screen quad rendering. Instead, you can generate the data in the vertex shader, given the vertex id system value semantic.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!