• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Hazard_X

DX11 [SlimDX/D3D11] Shader usage

This topic is 3302 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I want to get rid of my old DX9 engine and replace it with a completely new DX11 engine as soon as DX11 is available in it's final version. Thus i started to write a DX11 test project unsing the current SVN release of SlimDX. I am aware that the DX11 support is not final, yet i had the impression that it should be working to some extrend. But i'm struggling with the shader implementation at the moment. I used the Effect class in DX9 and it is also available in DX10, but seems to be gone in DX11. Instead there are classes for each shader type and it is absolutely not apparent to me how to use those. Is anyone here who knows how to handle shaders in SlimDX/D3D11? Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!