• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DarrenNix

I just tried Power Render

This topic is 6890 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I decided to give Power Render a try after first struggling with D3D for a few months.

I haven't encountered a single problem yet. I just followed the instructions, compiled the utilities and examples. I even tried to interpolate a light's color each frame, thinking I would get it wrong, but it actually worked and was quite intuitive.

Some examples (like ex. 6) aborted after the title screen, but I narrowed it down to the PR_RestoreAll() call really quick, and for some reason they worked when that was commented out.

I ported sample 3 to C++ and enhanced its dialog so it uses a .cfg or uses a dialog if the .cfg isn't there, then writes one for next time. I'll just put it in an app-wizard and then it's easy to get started each project!

Mr. Egerter, if you want anything for Power Render; I have a 3D level editor for windows I could make use the .PRO format, also have a 2D level editor for windows maybe useful for terrains.

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!