[web] XBAP Game ?

Started by
2 comments, last by Codeka 14 years, 7 months ago
Hello guys, I'm exploring WPF(XBAP) for making on-line games and made a simple game out of it, but some of my friends told me it's not working on thier machine even if they already installed .NET 3.5. Kindly test my sample game to those who have .NET 3.5 installed if it's running on your rig, Heres the link : http://www.project_z.webs.com/ Thank in advance.
Advertisement
It works in Internet Explorer, but Firefox just displays the raw XML. XBAPs should work in Firefox, I think the problem is that the server is reporting a Content-Type of text/plain instead of application/x-ms-xbap.
Quote:Original post by Codeka
It works in Internet Explorer, but Firefox just displays the raw XML. XBAPs should work in Firefox, I think the problem is that the server is reporting a Content-Type of text/plain instead of application/x-ms-xbap.

Hi Code,

Thanks for your reply... I also wondered why it did not run in Firefox if I hosted it to different web hosting services, It works fine in both Internet Explorer and FireFox if I hosted it to my home personal server under IIS7.

Cheers.
Quote:Original post by Core2Duo
Thanks for your reply... I also wondered why it did not run in Firefox if I hosted it to different web hosting services, It works fine in both Internet Explorer and FireFox if I hosted it to my home personal server under IIS7.
If your webhost is running apache, they should let you map the correct Content-Type via a .htaccess file. Here's the relevent section of the documentation.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement