• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sarlok

WM_LBUTTONDBLCLK

This topic is 6303 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I'm trying to handle single left-click, and double-left-click in WndProc();, but I'm not sure how to have them both, as when I run my program, WM_LBUTTONDOWN triggers before I can click the mouse again for a double click. Is there a way around this? Thanks. "When you kill one, it is a tragedy. When you kill ten million, it is a statistic." - Sarlok Edited by - Sarlok on July 18, 2001 1:31:51 AM

Advertisement
Hi,
What you have to do is quite annoying:
when the lbuttondown event arrives start a timer with system_dblclick_time (look for something like that in system/ mouse parameters).
if you received the timer event with no double click event then handle the onlbuttondown event. if you received a dblclick event kill the time and handle it as a double click event
-- Gilad

I Was afraid I was going to have to do that...
I just wasn''t sure if there was some other way.
Thanks.

"When you kill one, it is a tragedy. When you kill ten million, it is a statistic."
- Sarlok

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!