Sign in to follow this  
rufii

What exactly can I do with my story?

I recently finished my story, and it covers every aspect of the game. It's roughly 250 pages, and copyrighted. I've found a list of game devs on wiki, and I started emailing each one. Is this the best route? Any advice would be appreciated.

Oh, gotcha.

Well, I've never hired a writer at a game studio, but I'm guessing that as with other creative professions, a strong portfolio is a must. I'd say that a story, or maybe excerpts from a story, would be a part of that.

A single story does not a good writing portfolio make.
You need multiple writing samples, and preferably some published/performed works among them.
Pretty sure I just answered this same question somewhere else. Maybe on the GameCareerGuide Writing forum.

You need to be published, pure and simple. Modify your story and try to get it published as a novel or comic book. Write more, and get them published. Then, write some more, and get them published.

Studios won't be willing to risk having a complete unknown with no record of success come in and ruin them. One big budget title failing could mean chapter 7. Or, at the least, an end to publishers willing to pay the dev studio to make games.