BH Game Store/Showcase! New Games Up! Come Check Them out!

Started by
8 comments, last by bardbarienne 14 years, 6 months ago
Hello, I have recently created a new site. It is in a way a game portal but the difference is we take no fees from the game developer. You submit your game and if accepted your game is added to the store and we link directly to your BMT Micro page or other purchase gateway. This means you keep all money made from your game. You can view the site here: http://bhstore.info/ We hope this site will develop into a popular place for gamers and developers to enjoy there games and earn some money to support your projects! EDIT: Just thought I would let everyone know we have some new games up on the site! If you like the site sign up! [Edited by - BobHoil on September 13, 2009 10:03:30 AM]
Advertisement
Very nice looking site design, Bob.

May I ask what your ultimate business model is for the site? Are you planning on adding ads when the site gets popular or do you have something else in mind? I'm curious why you don't try an affiliate scheme initially. BMT Micro (and others: Plimus, Regnow, etc.) have affiliate schemes so you could take 30-40% of the purchase price - which frankly you're entitled to if you're driving traffic to my game.

I imagine you might get a few people who've never actually finished a game worth selling complaining about your rampant consumerism or something, but most experienced developers with games selling are happy to pay an affiliate 30% plus if they can drive substantial sales.

I'm also interested in how you plan to differentiate from similar sites. Are you looking to specialize in niche genres, the non-casual indie games, or something else?

Again, very professional, clean looking site design. I was very pleasantly surprised, having visited many sites of a similar nature.
My main plan is to provide a free service to developers since there are already so many other cost involved in developing and marketing games. The site will be supported through sponser ads, t-shirts being sold through zazzle, and I am working on a few other plans. I hope this business model will provide a great community and also a great site for developers to get there games displayed.

As for the type of games I am just looking for any commercial indie game that has potential. I am not looking for any particular style or type.

I am glad you like the site I hope others will also.
A few thoughts:

- Sponsor is misspelled "sponser" consistently throughout the site.
- And various other grammatical and spelling errors.
- On Chrome (and other WebKit browsers?) the last line of each post runs in to the footer.
- Having the game description text centered makes it very hard to read.
Thanks for pointing those out. I am in the process of fixing the problems. I have already corrected the Sponsor problem and am working on a few others as I post this
New games up on the site! I also fixed some of the problems including the bottom of the post running together.
Site has been updated a lot. I am continuing to add games to the site hoping to attract more users. Just today the site got its first user registration!
Game library continues to grow! We have some more members also. I have been updating the site a lot lately and if you have any games that are commercial please feel free to sign up and contact me through information on the site! You can also submit through the forum on the site.

Thanks!
I have been updating the site a lot lately! Please check it out and tell me what you think.
Two things:

1. Your header leaves something to be desired. Your font is fine, but the words are squished in the center, like they're scared or something. Your header needs to call attention to itself.

2. Were I your potential customer, I would be a little iffy about buying anything because the pages about individual games are very bare. You don't have to add these all at once, but at some point, each page needs:
-The logo of each game as a separate image.
-At least four thumbnails that lead to screenshots. For a lot of people, this is the biggest factor in potentially buying a game.
-A line or a paragraph about the developers. Also make sure you've got a link to their site and/or a link to the game's landing page, if the two sites are different. Buyers like to make informed decisions, and they may want to visit the developer page to see more about it before they decide. :)
-A list of features. It sounds lame, but some people don't like reading paragraphs.
-Rate this game/comment/share buttons. Web 2.0, yadda yadda.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement