Sign in to follow this  

rts unit steering

This topic is 3049 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I'm working on a rts (space based), so i don't have a need of pathfinding. I just move the units to the target, and that's it. However, i need a way, that units don't fly trough each other, some way for them to avoid each other. For example, if i choose a group of 4 ships, to attack a target, they all move to the same target, and as obviously the target is the same, they end up in the same position., i can say to a ship to stop moving if there is one in front of her, but this looks bad as they will all start making a line torwards the target I think steering is what i need, but i'm not sure. Does anyone know any resources that i could take a look and read for ideas ? thanks, Bruno

The standard reference on steering behaviors is here. That said, my personal choice would be to use potential functions (plus some "vortices") for this; I've seen them used to good effect.

This topic is 3049 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.