What is the best solution to DX with .NET

Started by
1 comment, last by MJP 14 years, 7 months ago
Hi, I developp in XNA since 2 years ago. Now I want learn DirectX. I see DX SDK 11 for .net is coming out http://www.softpedia.com/get/Programming/SDK-DDK/DirectX-Software-Development-Kit.shtml What is the best solution between this and slimdx. Another alternative ? Thanks
Advertisement
First of all, you should be downloading the DirectX SDK directly from Microsoft. I'm not saying softpedia is not a respectable site, just that you can never be sure - and there's not reason not to.

Secondly, DirectX doesn't "support" .NET out of the box by default at all. Your only two options (that I am aware of) are XNA or SlimDX. And since XNA is tied to the Xbox, it's limited to DirectX 9. So if you want DirectX 11 in .NET, your only option is SlimDX (not that it's a bad option - SlimDX is a fantastic bit of work!)
Quote:Original post by Codeka
Secondly, DirectX doesn't "support" .NET out of the box by default at all. Your only two options (that I am aware of) are XNA or SlimDX. And since XNA is tied to the Xbox, it's limited to DirectX 9. So if you want DirectX 11 in .NET, your only option is SlimDX (not that it's a bad option - SlimDX is a fantastic bit of work!)

Actually the Windows API Code Pack released by Microsoft has support for DirectX11 (and only DX11), but it's not at the same level of quality you get from SlimDX.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement