Sign in to follow this  
Neonic148

window activation and deactivation

Hello, I have a windows fullscreen openGL application and wrote a function called "OnFocusChange(bool a)". When the user presses alt+tab, that function should be called with 'false' as an argument. When the user focusses the window again, the function should be called with the argument 'true'; The "OnFocusChange" function takes care of changing the screen settings (that's all for now). I have the following code in my WindowProc function:
LRESULT CALLBACK App::WndProc(HWND hWnd, UINT msg, WPARAM wparam, LPARAM lparam)
{
bool activating;

if(!pApp) return DefWindowProc(hWnd, msg, wparam, lparam);

switch(msg)
{
case WM_ACTIVATE:

activating = ( (LOWORD(wparam) != WA_INACTIVE) && (HIWORD(wparam) == 0) );

if(activating!=pApp->window.active)pApp->window.OnFocusChange(activating);

return FALSE;
This code does make sure "OnFocusChange" is called on activating and deactivating the window, but there's a bug. "OnFocusChange" is also called when other windows are activated or deactivated, while the state of my application's window doesn't change. Does somebody see what's going wrong and how I could change the code to get what I want?

Don't know if this is correct or not but in my code (not full screen) I have

WM_SETFOCUS and WM_KILLFOCUS. According to msdn:

The WM_SETFOCUS message is sent to a window after it has gained the keyboard focus.
The WM_KILLFOCUS message is sent to a window immediately before it loses the keyboard focus.

Perhaps you could try those instead.