Windows Forms Question

Started by
3 comments, last by laztrezort 14 years, 7 months ago
When I create a Windows forms app in VC# 2009 express. 3 files appear in the folder properties: AssemblyInfo.cs, Resources.resx and Settings.settings. I am not sure quite what these files are used for. Could someone explain their purpose to me?
J.W.
Advertisement
AssemblyInfo.cs contains information about your assembly.

Resources.rex contains resource information for your assembly.

Settings.settings contains settings information for your assembly.

Glad to be of service.
Mike Popoloski | Journal | SlimDX
Best way to figure these out is to open the files and look at them. With your project open in VS, you should be able to find them in the Solution Explorer window and double-click them. The AssemblyInfo.cs is well commented (at least in my projects), and clicking on Settings.Settings pretty much documents it at the top.

As for the Resources file, I think it's probably the same as any windows resource file. I'm not a pro at Windows development, however, so I don't want to give you any bad info with my guesses and such :)

P.S. At first I thought I missed out on a version of VS there (I have 2008, which I thought was the latest version). Unless there is some beta out there being kept secret from me...
Quote:Original post by laztrezort
P.S. At first I thought I missed out on a version of VS there (I have 2008, which I thought was the latest version). Unless there is some beta out there being kept secret from me...
There is! [smile]
Quote:Original post by dmatter

Thanks! Something else to eat up my already limited time :)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement