Sign in to follow this  
MattieB

Clicking button on website

Hi, is it possible to invoke a click event of a button on a website from an external application (Java or C#)? The website has some inputfields and a submit button. What I want to do is get the website, fill in the inputfields and press the submit button from within my application (the button is a table with an onclick event). Can this easily be done? Thanks

Quote:
Original post by MattieB
is it possible to invoke a click event of a button on a website from an external application (Java or C#)? The website has some inputfields and a submit button. What I want to do is get the website, fill in the inputfields and press the submit button from within my application (the button is a table with an onclick event). Can this easily be done?

I'm a bit confused. Why is the external application clicking the button and not the user? If the user is filling in the input fields manually, why doesn't the user click the button, too? Just trying to understand what you're trying to accomplish. If you could provide some more background on the problem, it would be helpful.

not an external application but may be greasemonkey might help you? it is a firefox addon which makes it possible to insert your javascript code into the web pages

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/748

I haven't done this personally or else I would be able to give you more info. I knew a guy, however, that did something similar to this but to get it to work he used a c# widget that allowed him to load up the webpage directly in his own c# app so that his logic was not crossing from his app to a web browser and he could instead focus on what he wanted to achieve.