Clicking button on website

Started by
4 comments, last by dclyde 14 years, 7 months ago
Hi, is it possible to invoke a click event of a button on a website from an external application (Java or C#)? The website has some inputfields and a submit button. What I want to do is get the website, fill in the inputfields and press the submit button from within my application (the button is a table with an onclick event). Can this easily be done? Thanks
Here we are now,entertain us.
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by MattieB
is it possible to invoke a click event of a button on a website from an external application (Java or C#)? The website has some inputfields and a submit button. What I want to do is get the website, fill in the inputfields and press the submit button from within my application (the button is a table with an onclick event). Can this easily be done?

I'm a bit confused. Why is the external application clicking the button and not the user? If the user is filling in the input fields manually, why doesn't the user click the button, too? Just trying to understand what you're trying to accomplish. If you could provide some more background on the problem, it would be helpful.
The program is filling in the input fields.

That said, it would be probably much easier to just do the HTTP query directly with the required data.
Don't pay much attention to "the hedgehog" in my nick, it's just because "Sik" was already taken =/ By the way, Sik is pronounced like seek, not like sick.
There is some &#106avascript code executed first, that's why I'm not sure if it would work to do a HTTP query directly (I'm not sure about the data).
Here we are now,entertain us.
not an external application but may be greasemonkey might help you? it is a firefox addon which makes it possible to insert your &#106avascript code into the web pages<br><br>https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/748
taytay
I haven't done this personally or else I would be able to give you more info. I knew a guy, however, that did something similar to this but to get it to work he used a c# widget that allowed him to load up the webpage directly in his own c# app so that his logic was not crossing from his app to a web browser and he could instead focus on what he wanted to achieve.
// Full Sail graduate with a passion for games// This post in no way indicates my being awake when writing it

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement