Sign in to follow this  
LagBarrel

[web] Browser games + school

Hello programmers, coders and such, I'm hoping that this isn't a frequent question :/ I'm seriously thinking about entering programing school. But the multimedia (not sure if this is the correct term) world seems quite large. Basically, I'm more interested into creating browser games, and possibly using Flash as graphics. I'm wondering what type of programming school I should enroll myself to and if someone with no talent at all in drawing can be good in 2D graphic design. Any other input you think of that could help guide me into a direction would be greatly appreciated. Thanks and excuse for my possible imperfect English [Edited by - LagBarrel on September 14, 2009 9:03:36 PM]

Drawing skills are useful but not strictly necessary for a Graphic Designer, but what you're asking about are two different things:

1) Graphic Design (and maybe Fine Art, which is another separate thing)
2) Software Development

To make games you need a solid grounding in software development, and if you want to learn that in school I would go for a Computer Science degree.

Really though, I've never met a good programmer who didn't at least start out teaching himself. Just start programming and figure it out as you go along. If you like it, you'll stick with it and maybe school won't even be necessary. If you don't like it, you'll know early!