Sign in to follow this  
jdub

Wierd issue with physX and Actor collision

I have noticed something wierd going on with my physX test application. The application is supposed to let the user control a box and move it around to collide with the other box in the scene. When I first manoeveur into the second box, the collision is totally natural no matter which angle I hit it from.. However, when I move it in again to collide a second time it will appear to fly through the box and collide with an invisible body in space behind the box. I figured that this might have something to do with the actor transform used for rendering and the transform that the actors have in the physics engine being different. I am creating the screen transform by multiplying Global Orientation matrix by the Global Pose matrix. Is this wrong?

I have found out through more testing that the collision problem only occurs when my shapes are rotated. When they first hit each other, they have a rotation of 0 ( I am using physX to make a 2D game ). Still I would be interested to find out if anyone else has had this problem and has been able to fix it.