• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SikCiv

Do u have a Voodoo3?

This topic is 6143 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

If you do could u pls download and test my D3D game on your system, I need to make sure it works correctly since im using 512x512 textures and colorkeying. Please post your Voodoo3 specs and framerate (Press ''F''), thanks

Downloads:  ZeroOne Realm

Advertisement
I have a voodoo3 3000, it''s not hooked up though, it was taking to much resources to have my geforce2mx and voodoo3 both hooked up for dual monitors, so I had to cut back...
If you don''t get a reply soon, I''m going to be hooking it up again either tonight, or tommorow, (gotta play FF7...) and I''ll check it out for you.

If that doesn''t sound good, well, you just got a bump up the list!

Drakonite

[Insert Witty Signature Here]

Hey,
I have Voodoo3 2000.

Nice game!

I''ve been programming 3d wrapper for d3d and ogl, and I know that my card supports max 256 size textures.

I tried with different BPPs. First when I run the game, it shows black screen with some blue color in the middle and it''s written P E EN E down the screen. I think there should read PRESS ENTER?
Seems that screenshots are not working out. I think that it shoud show some shots (?) but I can''t see any pictures. I also see mouse cursor in fullscreen, but cannot move it.

Then comes the loading section and the load progress bar seems to work well and then game seem to run ok! Didn''t notice any weird in game mode.

FPS was min 12 to max 34.

If you need some more info or tests, let me know!

You could also try out my net racing demo that runs on my gfx/net wrapper: www.geocities.com/stefankjb/download

I use a Voodoo 3 3000 AGP at home. I run it in an AMD T-Bird 900 with 128MB of ram on Windows Me. I''ll give it a shot when I get home and let you know how it works.

- Mike

I forgot to post what happened when I put in my voodoo3... Well, it didn''t work. It locked up right away, and caused my entire system to lock up.
It may have something to do with the dual video cards, as many software doesn''t like to video cards, but I don''t know.

Sorry I couldn''t be more of help.

Drakonite

Thanks everyone for testing my game

Stefu:
Its strange how the level area works fine - it has 512x512 textures!

I''m not exactly sure why the title screen went hay-wire, I''m guessing its because some of the title textures are not square, some of them are 512x64.
The P E EN E problem is probably because the S, T and R letters are passed 256 pixels. Ill resize my bitmaps and upload a new version within a few days so you can quickly test it again.

Sorry Darkonite for locking up your system, I have no idea why it happened. If you still have the Debug-output file outputted by ZeroOne when it crashed could you please send it to me so I can work out what happened, thanks. NSZeroOne@Hotmail.com

Downloads:  ZeroOne Realm

By the way, my Voodoo3 2000 is PCI version.

I looked in the ZODbgOut.txt and there was thousands of D3DERR_INVALIDCALLs (about 29000!).
Other errors were "Failed Blit in CHAR_Blit" and "Failed Util Blit (nUtil 13) (UtilType 8) Alloc 1".

If you use D3DXCreateTextureFromFile(), it resizes textures to proper size.

Sorry, but I don''t have the error file anymore
I would run it again to generate another one, but my voodoo3 had to be removed as after my computer has been on for a few hours, it started to build up too much heat.

However, i did run it on my 400mhz celeron w/ geforce2mx, and you may want to know that it ran very, well... hyper. It may be that it usually slows it self down by capping the frame rate using v-sync, and that v-sync is disabled.

Sorry I couldn''t be of more help with the voodoo.

Drakonite

I ain''t using a V3 for starters but if you want to add another supportable card to your readme list the GeForce2 Pro. Alls well, high framerates (lowest ~36fps in the loading scene), 96-120fps most of the game, gets around low 80''s/high 70''s occasionally when lots of stuff happening in screen.

Is it possible to achieve a victory in the game at this point or not?

-epsilon

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!