Do u have a Voodoo3?

Started by
13 comments, last by SikCiv 22 years, 8 months ago
I got 12 to 22 fps most of the time although I managed to get as low as 6 fps.

Problems:

1) The "press enter" text is FUBAR''ed.

2) The game *seems* to crash at first, repeating the same four or five seconds of music over and over. For about 40 seconds I am unable to do anything. Nothing happens when I press ALT+TAB or CTRL+ALT+DEL. After those fourty seconds the screen changes colour a couple of times and after a total of more than 60 seconds a progress bar appears.

3) Some parts of the invisible platforms are visible, probably due to the vast power consumption of platform cloaking devices. Then again, maybe the platforms actually were meant to be visible and some evil bug ate some of the code in your platform drawing routine, causing some parts of the platform not to be drawn.

4) Water is transparent. In fact, water is very transparent. But I''ve never seen any water quite as transparent as the water in your game

My configuration:

AMD K6-2 450mhz
64 MB PC100 RAM
Voodoo 3 3000 with latest drivers
Windows 98 SE
DirectX 8a

BTW: It is possible to move the cursor, but it''s only updated once every 5 or 10 seconds.

Good luck killing those bugs. Make them suffer
Advertisement
Thanks everyone for testing the game, I have recently updated the game so its more Voodoo3 compatible, well basically what I've done is resized the textures that were causing problems to 256x256 so the title screen *should* work 100% now. The main game area still has 512x512 backgrounds but this is a minor issue and shouldnt affect the foreground gameplay.

Thanks Epsilion for testing it on a GeForce2, ive added it to the readme.txt file.

[qoute]
2) The game *seems* to crash at first, repeating the same four or five seconds of music over and over. For about 40 seconds I am unable to do anything. Nothing happens when I press ALT+TAB or CTRL+ALT+DEL. After those fourty seconds the screen changes colour a couple of times and after a total of more than 60 seconds a progress bar appears.

...This is probably because DX is resizing the 512x512 textures to 256x256 which can be very slow for some reason. This prob is hopefully fixed now.

If u have a Voodoo3 could u pls download the new version (0.7I) and test so I can make sure its working fine...thanks in advance

Downloads:  ZeroOne Realm

Edited by - SikCiv on July 30, 2001 2:04:14 AM

I have a voodoo 3 3000 agp, and your game ran fine-except that some of the floors wern''t drawn. You could walk on them but they weren''t visible. Also I pressed esc twice to exit the game and it returned to the desktop at 640x480 res, got an error (one of those this program has caused an error boxes), and the mouse was frozen dead center on the screen, had to reboot... but it was fun!

BTW sound was off, 32 bit color also, everything set to max.

My ddraw programs sometimes did the exact same thing-I think it was because I didn''t unregister something-if I remember I''ll post it.
It worked now!

But also for me some of the floors didn''t draw. I added a shot here to see how it looks: www.geocities.com/stefankjb/ZOShot.jpg

But, why does the dbg file has about 30000 lines of D3DERR_INVALID CALL and other errors???

Otherwise everything looked ok.
Thanks guys for testing it

Stefu,
Thanks for the screen shot, I''m pretty sure the D3DERR_INVALID_CALL''s are because of the 512x512 textures, the textures are resized to 256x256 (including the floors texture which is why some dont blit) but when I blit using a srcRect above 256 the blit fails resulting in the D3D error.
I guess I need to cut the 512x512 textures into fours so the construction blits ok.

gph-gw,
Sounds like u are using old voodoo3 drivers or a mixture of different DX versions, u should try installing the latest drivers and re-installing DX8 to fix your problem.

If only the voodoo3 could handle 512x512 It would save alot of hassle..

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement