• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ghalen

Problem with server code in book

This topic is 6328 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I''ve recompiled the code from the book and tried to link to the server with two different clients on different machines. The clients can see each other and both can move about, but collision detection and zones don''t seem to work. I can walk through objects freely. I looked at the code and it appears that the code in vUpdatePlayers() function contains code for the bounding box for the Arena from the previous Space Pirates game. Has somebody already reported this? Where can I get the code for the fix?

Advertisement
Send me the source file for the RPGQuest game server, I can then verify if you do indeed have incorrect bounding boxes. Send it to webmaster@lostlogic.com.

LostLogic
www.lostlogic.com
Author, Multiplayer Game Programming

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!