• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

helpo

Sorting a linked list

This topic is 6155 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have a array of 8 NPCs sructers. Each is linked to the next NPC and to the last NPC by a int. But i am having truble with my sorting. I wanted to sort them by there y values, in ascending order. But it just will not work. here is my code for sorting: struct NPCS { int nextNpc, lastNpc; RECT npcDestination; // location on the map } struct NPC { int numNPCs; // this equals 8 NPCS npcs[8]; }; NPC npc; int snlTemp = -1; // SortNpcListTemp // Initialize them for (int outer=0;outer<(npc.numNPCs-1);outer++) { for (int inner=outer;innernpc.npcs[inner].npcDestination.top) { // Update the lastNpc to point to the other Npc if (npc.npcs[outer].lastNpc!=-1) { npc.npcs[npc.npcs[outer].lastNpc].nextNpc = inner; } if (npc.npcs[inner].lastNpc!=-1) { npc.npcs[npc.npcs[inner].lastNpc].nextNpc = outer; } // Switch the lastNpc snlTemp = npc.npcs[inner].lastNpc; npc.npcs[inner].lastNpc = npc.npcs[outer].lastNpc; npc.npcs[outer].lastNpc = snlTemp; // Update the nextNpc to point to the other Npc if (npc.npcs[outer].nextNpc!=-1) { npc.npcs[npc.npcs[outer].nextNpc].lastNpc = inner; } if (npc.npcs[inner].nextNpc!=-1) { npc.npcs[npc.npcs[inner].nextNpc].lastNpc = outer; } // Switch the nextNpc snlTemp = npc.npcs[inner].nextNpc; npc.npcs[inner].nextNpc = npc.npcs[outer].nextNpc; npc.npcs[outer].nextNpc = snlTemp; } } } Well i hope that this gives the general idea. Any way here are my 8 NPCs and there values, npcDestination.top is there y value: npc.npcs[0].npcDestination.top = 20 npc.npcs[1].npcDestination.top = 20 npc.npcs[2].npcDestination.top = 750 npc.npcs[3].npcDestination.top = 500 npc.npcs[4].npcDestination.top = 500 npc.npcs[5].npcDestination.top = 70 npc.npcs[6].npcDestination.top = 20 npc.npcs[7].npcDestination.top = 900 That is there y values, now this is how my code sorts them: npcs[0] npcs[1] npcs[4] npcs[5] npcs[6] npcs[3] npcs[2] npcs[7] When the correct sort is: npcs[0] npcs[1] npcs[6] npcs[3] npcs[4] npcs[5] npcs[2] npcs[7] Only the middle 4 are wrong. I can''t figure our why, can anyone help???

Advertisement
Man, alot of people posted to my question! Well, i guess i have to thank you all who posted to my problem, because i fixed it, thanks!

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!