• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Unix graphics programming

This topic is 6150 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

anybody know any useful information about unix graphics programming? I''m using Xlib at school but I wanna see if I can get some OpenGl to work. I understand how to set it up in Windows but I have no idea with unix. Any articles or links you guys can share with me? Thanks guys/gals!

Advertisement
Did you try nehe.gamedev.net? He does windows, but at the bottom of each lesson there''s a linux download, maybe it''ll work with unix. Since you''re using unix at school I''m assuming you''re using suns or SGI, then just follow standard linux instructions, they should work, just don''t use mesa, use the opengl that came with that flavor of unix. If you''re using linux then head over to www.mesa3d.org and get mesa, gotta have a linux compatible video card, to see if it''s compatible go to www.linux3d.org. I''m not sure what exactly you meant by unix, there are so many different versions and compatibles.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!